This course focuses on tools and techniques that have proven to lead to establishing schedules and cost estimates that are realistic. Quite simply, they work! Establishing realistic schedules and budgets for projects that support business objectives and meet client expectations is one of the most challenging aspects of project planning. Delivering on those results within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints are a critical.
- Understanding Project Management
- Defining Administrative Preferences And Categories
- Defining Default Settings
- Setting User Preferences
- Formatting Time Units
- Creating A Log Of Tasks And Setting Startup
- Setting Up The Enterprise Project Structure
- Setting Up the Organizational Breakdown Structure.
- Defining and Assigning Project Codes
- Defining and Assigning Calendars
- Defining and Assigning Activity Codes
- Activities, Relationships and Scheduling
- Grouping and Filtering Activities
- Resources, Roles and Costs
- Cost Accounts
- Baseline Plan
- Updating And Managing The Schedule
- Customizing Layouts and Reports
Project Managers, Programme Managers, Team Leaders, Supervisors, Schedulers or Project Planners, Cost Estimators and Project Team Members.
Qualified & competent professional will conduct this course.
The course is taught mainly through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on practice on computers. Example will be presented and discussed about project. A sample project will be taken and will plan scheduled, its cost will be estimated using a computer tool.
- Describe the purpose of Time, Resource and Cost Management
- Use the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) as a foundation for estimating and control
- Use tools for effective time, resource & cost management
- Establish a comprehensive baseline
- Evaluate and measure time, resource and cost