Technology Upgradation and Skill Development Company (TUSDEC) roots of instigation links back to the Prime Minister’s Directive in October 2004 to set up an implementing Institution in order to materialize the aim of Technology Up-gradation and Skill Development in the key industrial sectors of the country. TUSDEC was established in 2005 under the Ministry of Industries and Production, Government of Pakistan. TUSDEC has successfully implemented a range of projects for various key sectors such as Light Engineering, Cement, Textile, Ceramics and Skills Development supported by Government of Pakistan, National and International donors. TUSDEC has executed projects all across Pakistan related to technology up-gradation and skill development.
The established centres equipped with latest equipment are working as Common Facility Centres to support local industries by providing modern design, manufacturing, testing, training and consultancy services.
TUSDEC was incorporated in 2005 as a not for profit, guarantee limited company under section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pakistan Industrial Development Corporation (Pvt.) Ltd. (PIDC).
To be the premier knowledge management company on technology upgradation and related skills and the first choice of the Government of Pakistan, provincial governments and multi funding agencies to implement initiatives to enhance innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship and competitiveness at the firm’s level.
To upgrade technology and skills of key and strategic industrial clusters and connect Pakistan to the global value chain
- Promote and establish Technology Upgradation and Skill Development Centres by establishing common facility, design, support and maintenance, testing, certification, incubation, applied research and dissemination centres
- To up-grade and transfer technology in targeted industrial sectors to enhance their productivity and competitiveness in the local as well as global sphere
- Advice on technology policy, technology benchmarks, standards and regulations while performing technology specific sectoral mapping
- Encourage and promote innovation, creativity and competitiveness
- Create enabling environment for the growth and support of entrepreneurship
- Chalking out the critical margins of skill development in the reflection of socio-economic backdrop of a specific geographical area or as an indication of industrial requirement