CHIEF FINANCE & ACCOUNTS OFFICER (CFAO)
- To tender advice in the delegated fields, where called upon.
- To process, in accordance with the prescribed procedure, all cases relating to the non-delegated fields, foreign exchange and demands for supplementary grants which are required to be referred to the Finance Division.
- All work relating to Public Accounts Committee (PAC) and Audit observations on appropriation accounts and ensuring compliance of the Committee’s observations and recommendations and verification of record from AGPR & Audit.
- To exercise internal checks on irregularities, waste and fraud in Term of para 13 of the General Financial Rules, Vol-I in the Ministry and its attached departments.
- To ensure compliance of all other rules and orders contained in the Federal Treasury Rules, General Financial Rules and instructions issued by the Finance Division from time to time.
- To arrange meetings of Departmental Accounts Committee (DAC) for settlement of outstanding paras of inspection reports of main Ministry and its attached departments.