Computer aided design (CAD) is today’s cutting edge technology for product design to boost up productivity using special computer programs. This course aims at introducing participants with different modelling techniques for product development and in depth vision of 3D modelling using state of the art 3D modelling software.
- Design Process
- Concept of CAD/CAM
- Purpose and applications of 3D models.
- Approaches to develop 3D models
- Location of 3D models (3D co-ordinate systems)
- Orthographic Projection
- Surface of Revolution
- Limiting of surfaces, Editing surfaces
- Power Surfaces
- Boundaries and P-curves
- Split and draft
- Solid Modelling Tools
- Solid Editing
- Introduction to CAD/CAM and CIM
- Process of Milling operations
- Types of CNC Milling Machines
- Importing Data of 3D Model
- Setting of feed rates, Rapid rates, etc.
- Cutting (machining) process and its variables
- Cutting tools, fluids (coolants) and their properties
- Machining set up for CNC milling machines.
- Tool path generation for roughing, finishing and drilling cycles
- Editing of Tool paths
- Using of Ps- Sketcher Boundaries & Pattern
- Collision and gouge checking of tools
- Machine tool simulation
- NC programming.
- Practical training on CAM software
Engineers, diploma holders and technicians who want to develop their computer aided designing skills.
DAE in Mechanical or Graduate with 2 years of practical experience in Mechanical.
Qualified and competent professional will conduct this course.
This course is delivered through lectures, multimedia presentations, videos and hands-on practice on modern specific computers.
Software used in the course is part of the CAD/CAM package. Participants will be able to design products and make 3D Models. They will be able to seek jobs in Mechanical and manufacturing industry