The training objective is to create and employ a cadre of skilled labour force in the garment industry. This will be done through the implementation of a standard training curriculum in consultation with the garment industry. The curriculum is regularly being updated according to the needs of the garment industry. About seven hundred (700) youth trainees, Five (5) apparel/home companies and Two (2) vocational training centres benefited from the project’s youth skills development initiatives.
- TUSDEC reviewed, evaluated & updated training curriculum for Stitching Machine Operators, Quality Checkers and Production/Quality Supervisors Executives.
- TUSDEC designed Training Manuals for Stitching Machine Operators, Quality Checkers and Production/Quality Supervisors Executives.
- TUSDEC in consultation with UNDP develops trainee’s selection criteria, training methodology and performance assessment tool for trainees and training.
- TUSDEC developed training plan and schedule for the entire period of project containing training program description, course duration, trainees target, timelines, and resource identification.
- TUSDEC directly trained 140 Stitching Machine Operators, 510 Quality Checkers, and 50 Production/Quality Supervisors Executives at project partner garment companies and TVET institutes.
- TUSDEC performed audit & gap analysis of the selected garment/home textile companies. TUSDEC team develop and deliver consulting guidelines based on the gap analysis. Consulting guidelines were performed on one of the following area which was selected by the factory/company.
(i) Fabric and Cutting Room Management
(ii) Sewing Room Production Management
(iii) Quality Assurance
(iv) Industrial Engineering
TUSDEC transfer knowledge and assist the factory/company in implementing the guidelines.
- TUSDEC conducted weekly and monthly review meetings with the participating companies/factories along with UNDP technical team to monitor progress of Stitching Machine Operators, Quality Checkers & Production/Quality Supervisors Executives trainings and implementation of guidelines.
- TUSDEC conducted weekly project review meetings with UNDP project management to update training progress, issues and way forward.
- TUSDEC submitted weekly progress reports and other relevant documents to UNDP with relevant information pertaining to the execution of the project. TUSDEC also submitted quarter (Oct – Dec 2015) project report.
- TUSDEC developed set of monitoring and evaluation tools (Pre/Post Trainees/Training Assessment) to measure the impact of training on production and quality operators, trainers/MTs and other beneficiaries.
- TUSDEC shared its training methodology, curriculum, training manuals as well as other documents produced as a result of this consultancy with UNDP