Process Control & Instrumentation
This course introduces you to control in process industries, explains why control is important, identifies different ways in which precise control is ensured. It illustrates different types of instrumentation used to perform measuring tasks for temperature, pressure, flow and level, etc.
- Essentials of process control and instrumentation
- Understand the main terms and parameters of process control (Process variable PV, Set point SP, Operating point OP, Error, Offset)
- Identify different control loops and describe their main tasks
- Describe the basic function and method of operation for the main components (Transducer, Transmitter, Indicator, Controller…)
- What is piping and instrumentation drawing (P&ID)
- Differentiate feedback and feedforward control loops
- Explain the basic implementation process for each types of control: Cascade, Split range , Batch, Ratio and Selective controls
Who Should Attend:
- Instrument Technicians
- Instrument Engineers
- Electrical/Electro-Mechanical Engineers
- Engaged in maintenance of process industries
Learn how process control is ensured in process industries & how the main instruments measure the key process variables.