Welding inspection is one of the most demanding skills in the field of process industry like oil & Gas, petrochemicals, aviation as well as power industries. The course has been devised to cover all the aspects of the welding processes and inspection. During this course our main focus will be on the duties of the welding inspector from the initiation of the job till the completion. This course will provide a solid base for preparation of international welding certifications like CWI and CSWIP. Also this course will provide forum of discussion to the participants for their own problems.
- Introduction to welding terms
- Welding symbols (BSEN/AWS)
- Joint design
- Roles and duties of welding inspector
- Details of welding processes (SMAW/MMA, GTAW/TIG, MIG/MAG, SAW, FCAW)
- Visual welding inspection and Macro examination
- Welding defects and their causes
- Mechanical testing of welding joints
- Description of welding consumables
- Understanding of codes and electrodes
- Description of weld repairs, stresses and distortion
- Description of heat treatments
- Weld-ability of steels
- Details of non-destructive testing (DPT, MPI, UT, RT)
Personnel associated with Engineering design, Fabrication, Mechanical construction and Inspection industries. The course will be very useful for trainees as well as professionals of process and power sectors. The course is equally beneficial for the students and fresh graduates of Mechanical, Industrial, Metallurgical engineers and DAEs.
A highly qualified/certified and internationally experienced professional in the field of welding will conduct this course.
This course will be delivered through lectures, multimedia presentations and videos.
Participants shall be able to understand roles and duties of a welding inspector, heat treatment methods as well as non-destructive testing techniques and shall be confident to appear for interview and discussion forums.