Piping system design is a key element in various fields of plant commissioning. Piping & accessories constitute major part of total capital investment in chemical, petroleum & petrochemical, pharmaceutical, power generation, fertilizer, oil & gas industries and long distance LNG/LPG/CNG piping system & irrigation projects. Piping professional plays an important role from “concept to commissioning” in all sectors of process and related industry. This course is comprehensive and highly practical which covers fundamentals of piping design and plant layout, the equipment used, design principles and procedures.
- Description of relevant codes & standards
- Pipe fittings & its thickness calculation as per code
- Understanding of drawings associated with piping
(PFDs, PIDs, plot plan, piping layout & piping isometrics)
Routing & Modelling Techniques
- Practical case studies regarding routing/layouting
- Interface with rotating equipments
- Interface with stationary equipments
Stress Analysis of Piping system
- Types of loads & stresses associated with process piping
- Pipe supports & restraints
- Thermal expansion & flexibility analysis
- Flexible loop optimization
- Evaluation of pump nozzle loads
- Nozzle flexibilities WRC-297
- Generating stress isometrics
- Rigid vs. flexible analysis
- Comprehensive project
This course is designed for engineers involved in design, fabrication or purchase of piping system components. The course will be very useful for trainees or professionals of oil & gas, process, chemical and power industry. Students and fresh graduates of mechanical, industrial, process and chemical engineering interested & having some knowledge in design field of piping systems may also apply.
A team of experienced and highly qualified professionals in piping design & analysis will conduct this course.
This course is delivered through lectures, multimedia presentations, videos and hands-on practice on modern CAE specific computers.
Participants will be able to understand and implement relevant ASME codes especially B 31.3 to perform design calculations and generate specification of piping system components. It will help enhance their capabilities of using computer-based programmes to work on piping system design and layout.