Welding inspection is one of the most demanding skills in the field of process industry like refineries, petrochemical plants, aviation as well as power plants. The course has been devised to cover all the aspects of the welding processes and inspection. During this course the main focus will be on the duties of the welding inspector from the initiation of the job till the completion. This course covers all the aspects and details for the preparation of certified welding inspector (CWI). This course also provides a forum for discussion by participants of their own problems.
- Introduction to welding terms
- Joint design
- Roles & duties of welding inspector
- Welding defects & causes
- Mechanical testing of welding joints
- Macro examination
- Welding symbols (BSEN/AWS)
- Details of welding processes
- Description of welding consumables
- Understanding of codes & electrodes
- Description of weld repairs, stresses & distortion
- Description of heat treatments
- Weld-ability of steels
- Details of non-destructive testing
Engineers involved in design, fabrication, inspection of welded items. The course will be very useful for trainees as well as professionals of process industry and power sectors. The course is equally beneficial for the students and fresh graduates of mechanical, industrial, metallurgical engineers and DAEs.
Qualified & competent professional will conduct this course.
This course is delivered through lectures, multimedia presentations and videos.
Participants will be able to understand roles and duties of a welding inspector, heat treatment methods as well as non-destructive testing techniques and will be confident to appear for the CWI certification.