Design of pressure vessel is one of the most demanding skills in the field of process industry like refineries, petrochemical plants as well as power plants etc. This course has been devised to cover all aspects of design and fabrication of pressure vessels. During this course main focus shall be the ASME codes especially sec VIII-1 (rules for construction of pressure vessels) and sec II (materials) along with the use of computer programs. This course shall also provide the forum of discussion to the participants for their own problems.
- Introduction to pressure vessels
- Description of types & main components
- Building design and construction concepts
- Understanding process-data-sheet (PDS)
- Description of factors for material selection
- Understanding codes and standards for materials ie: AISI, ASTM, ASME etc
- Description of ASME codes especially B&PV section-VIII div 1
- Design of pressure vessel components for internal pressure
- Design of pressure vessel components for external pressure
- Design of pressure vessel components for seismic and wind loads
- Design of stiffening rings
- Description of welded joints and categories
- Description of joint efficiency and joint inspection
- Design of openings/nozzles
- Reinforcements of openings/nozzles
- Design/selection of flanges and gaskets
- Vessel supports: types & applications
- Preparation of mechanical-data-sheet (MDS)
- Extensive exercises and hands on practice in computer lab
- Comprehensive project
A team of experienced and highly qualified professionals in Pressure Vessel Design will conduct this course.
The course will be delivered through lectures, multimedia presentations, videos and hands-on practice on modern CAD/CAM specific computers.
Participants shall be able to understand and implement relevant ASME Codes especially B 31.3 to perform design calculations and generate specification of piping system components along with the capability of using computer based programs to work on piping system design and layout.