NIDA-TUSDEC will host a 3 days’ Capacity Building Workshop, specifically for enterprises, in which concrete strategies and ideas will be developed to improve resource efficiency in enterprises.
The workshop shall be facilitated by Mr. M. Salman Butt, a member and certified trainer of PREMAnet International. Mr. Salman has more than 10 years’ experience of consultancy and capacity development for process optimization and resource conservation on topics like energy efficiency, productivity improvement, improving environment, health & safety (EHS) performance, chemical management and water efficiency.
The workshop consists of following topics:
- Identify the potential economic, environmental and organizational improvements using Non-Product Outputs (NPO) concept
- Establish and document baseline performance by analyzing production processes using tools like flow-charts and eco-maps
- Prioritize areas of interventions (material, chemicals, energy, solid waste, waste water, risk & safety)
- Assess the economic and ecological implications of critical areas identified
- Select and assess suitable improvement measures for priority areas using Mind Maps
- Developing Action Plans with Objectives and Performance Indicators to address intervention areas
- Initiate on-site improvement
On completion of the workshop, the participants shall be able to;
- Relate to the NPO, PREMA and CP concept in their own company
- Independently apply PREMA tools and concept in working on the company level interventions
- Share new concepts with co-workers
- Replicate and continue implementation steps