Roadway design is one of the most powerful capabilities of Civil 3D and one of the most common design tasks performed with it. It requires the use of several major Civil 3D features—alignments, profiles, and corridors—and an understanding of how they fit together in a complete road-design model.
- Surface creation from topographic survey data
- Triangulation of survey points
- Preparation of contours
- Horizontal alignment creation
- Vertical profile creation on existing surface levels
- Addition of built in bands style (Horizontal geometry and vertical geometry data) below profile views
- Road assembly (Road cross sections)
- Corridor modeling of proposed cross sections of roads
- Super elevation on curves
- Generation of cross sections (Existing road surface levels in transverse view)
- Earthwork volume calculations
- Generation of cross section sheets
- Plan and profile sheets
This course is designed for engineers, technicians and diploma holders aiming to develop enough knowledge of professional level highway design.
An experienced and highly qualified professional in design will conduct this course.
The course will be delivered through lectures and hands-on practice on modern CAD/CAM specific computers.
Participants will be able to understand and work on highway design using state of the art tools and methodologies.