Non-Destructive testing or NDT is a series of testing methods which do not impair service usability of an engineering component. That is why these are being universally adopted for inspection of expensive and valuable engineering components and machinery etc. These techniques have wide applicability in various engineering sectors like Oil and Gas, Fabrication and Erection, Pressure vessels, Pipelines, Piping industry etc. This course is comprised of all the basic aspects and details of primary NDT techniques which are internationally applied for inspection, evaluation and general purpose testing of components without imparting heir service lives. Also this course will provide forum of discussion to the participants for their own problems.
- What is testing of Metals?
- Types and Scope of different testing techniques
- Introduction to six primary techniques of NDT (VT, PT, MT, UT, RT, ET)
- Expansion of six primary techniques
- Two additional NDT techniques (Hardness and PMI)
- Codes and standards involved in NDT techniques
- Local and international NDT certification bodies
- Application of NDT techniques to Castings, Forgings, Welds, Tubes and pipes, Wrought products
- Classifications of Discontinuities
- Safety concerns
Fresh graduate engineers, diploma holder, experienced personnel from industry and junior staff from the relevant industry. THIS IS NOT A CERTIFICATION PROGRAM.
A highly qualified/certified and experienced professional in the field of NDT will conduct this course.
This course will be delivered through lectures, multimedia presentations and videos.
Participants shall be able to understand world-wide applicable industrial and lab-scale techniques of NDT and stand confident in job interviews. Trainees shall acquire sufficient confidence to attempt NCNDT or ASNT Level I certification.