Energy, being a catalyst, plays a pivotal role in economic growth and improving the livelihoods. One of the leading indicators for the emerging economies in the developing world is the Power Generation Sector. Despite of all the resources, Pakistan is facing acute power shortage of the time. Industry in Pakistan has also been a victim to this abrasive fashion now. Need of the hour is do a major surgery of the available resources and to identify the existing potential. This course is designed to focus on the anatomy of Power Plants with all the modern technologies and the concepts in the modern world.
- Introduction to Power Plants
- Power Crisis in Pakistan
- Power Generation Principles
- Steam Power Plants – Detailed description
- Boilers & Steam Turbines
- Water Treatment Plants
- Gas turbine Power plants – Detailed description
- Gas turbine operations and Maintenance
- Commissioning fundamentals for the Power plants
- Bus bar layouts with Generator protections
- Cold and Hot commissioning of the Gas turbine plants
- Generator Construction and functions
- Voltage control
- Synchronization and Load sharing principles
- Power System Operations
- Energy Efficiency calculations]
- Power plant Start up and Shutdown
- Cutting In house Energy costs in Power Plants
- Safety and First Aid
- Discussions on case by case basis
This course is designed for Middle Managers and Engineers from Industry with minimum 01-years of experience. Fresh engineering graduates and students may also apply for this course.
Mr. Ammad Safdar is an energy consultant for SMEDA and BFZ. He has hands on experience of erection, commissioning and trouble shootings of gas and steam turbine power plants. He has received training from Switzerland in the field of Power Generation, Commissioning and Application Engineering.
The course will be delivered through lectures, multimedia presentations, videos, group discussions and assignments.
After the completion of this training, participants will be able to develop improvement plans for their respective organizations which will eventually lead to the energy efficient, reliable and flexible operations of power plants.