The Managing Safely course is for those who required to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both their organization’s policy and best practice in health and safety. The course aims to ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by people employee as line managers, and to enable them to review their own departmental systems for safety, introducing new controls or implementing changes as appropriate to ensure safety in the workplace.
• Module 1 – Introduction to Managing
• Module 2 – Assessing Risks
• Module 3 – Controlling Risk
• Module 4 – Understanding your Responsibilities
• Module 5 – Identifying Hazards
• Module 6 – Investigating Accidents & Incidents
• Module 7 – Measuring Performance
• Module 8 – Protecting our Environment
This course is designed for delegates who wish to pursue a carrier in safety and health practice.
A team of experienced and highly qualified professionals and ATP’s from IOSH UK are conducting this course.
This course is delivered through lectures, multimedia presentations, videos and real time risk assessment based projects.
Participants will be able to:
• Basic management principles & practices to safety & health issues as part of a total management strategy.
• Set achievable health & safety objectives and plan and implement courses of action to achieve those objectives.
• Recognize safety and health hazards present in the workplace.
• Carry out & record basic assessments of the risks associated with workplace hazards and recommend suitable control measures.
• Take account of risks arising from ergonomic factors.
• Ensure that adequate information, training & supervision is provided for employees.
• Investigate an accident or incident involving injury or damage to determine the causes.